Re: R/R Lug Bolt?

To: <Tomet9@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: R/R Lug Bolt?
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 12:01:25 -0500
You can  remove them without removing the axle.

You will have to modify the stud you get from the parts house.  The
originals have a small rounded indentation on the head.  A few seconds with
a grinder will make a suitable notch.  The notch then goes toward the center
of the axle.  It locks the stud into place so it won't spin.  If  you don't
grind the notch in the new one or don't get it properly located, it won't
bottom out against the flange.  This will cause the head to deform and/or
break off.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000