air filters and spare parts wolves!!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: air filters and spare parts wolves!!!
From: Matt Weiss <roadstersurf@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 15:47:15 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the list and have found it to be a god send.  There have been many
helpful and honest people responding to my postings. (You know who you are)
Except one small problem...  The same problem that was discussed earlier
regarding air filters.  I hate to beat a dead horse, but as I am new and was
extremely impressed by the good hearted offer of a fellow roadster owner and
his willingness to help others, I have found that there are indeed a few bad
apples in the bunch... (you know who you are).

I have several spare parts and in particular a 66 grill that seems to be
getting a lot of attention.  Being new and not knowing what the true value of
my parts are, I became suspect of several people on the list, and their
intentions for the parts if I was to sell them...  I suspected by their
constant emails and inquiries that they really didn't need the part for their
car, but instead wanted to get it cheap from a new guy like me, and turn
araound and sell it for a profit on E-Bay or wherever!   this was confirmed
when I checked EBay to see if I could find some parts I needed, and saw their
email addresses and screen names on multiple adds!  I think it sucks! You know
who you are...

When I get the time and a digital camera, I will put my parts back up for sale,
and will charge a low fair price or even look to do a trade as this keeps all
of us happy...  I know who the scammers are and you guys can forget it.  Good
Kharma and a friend that's willing to help is more than any amount of money...

Okay, thanks for letting me vent!

Yours Truly,

Matt Weiss

66' 1600

Pretty lame if you ask me.

But not all is lost.  Just as many if not more people were more than helpful in
pointing out to me the real value of my parts, and confirmed my suspicions.
they said that it seems to be happening more than it use to, and that it was a
shame...