5 spd speedo drive saga comes to a conclusion

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 5 spd speedo drive saga comes to a conclusion
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 07:29:09 -0400
For all who may have been following my trials and tribulations,
which started with a simple spring tuneup and has progressed
into about $1500 dollars of "improvements"....

My tranny guy needed the small plastic gear to put the tranny
back together right (5spd out of a 2L car, and my car has
a 2L rear end).  The chewed up gear that came out was blue.
After spending a day on the net with venders, Stan Chernof
express shipped me the correct blue gear and it was in my
hands in two days.  NISMO promised the same thing.....
well their express shipment is a little slower I guess, but
yesterday I got the gear from them.  Its yellow and has
16 teeth instead of 18.   So, if anyone needs a yellow
16 tooth gear, let me know.  I may keep it for a while
just to see how accurate my speedo is.  Maybe I will
need it to adjust the speedo accuracy.

BTW, NISMO catalog was free with my order (its the old
one) and lists  about every speedo gear made, but
I'm not too sure which one you will really get.  THe
section on roadsters is not too thick anymore.

Well, its 0724, time to get kids off to school and
back to the garage.  Being unemployed is great!
(hope to have a interview sometime today for a
good engineering firm, we will see)

Best Regards,
JimGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com