Early Roadster Seatbelts

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Early Roadster Seatbelts
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 06:04:45 -0400
For all:
Recently my trusty better half was asking me what would happen
in a serious roadster accident, and I said death was a good possibility.
She said what could be done.  I said "use the agility to drive around
the problem".....well after some silence on her part I said I could back fit
sliding steering shaft, so at least the driver didnt get his chest
crushed so bad...and I could put in some cool race style seatbelts.

She likes the seat belt idea!....So, I really like the rather revealing
adds in Grassroots Motorsports, but have no idea what would be
best for a roadster.  (you know, "Id feel naked without my Safe-T-Quip
Belts" or whatever...)  Mine is a early 67, no headrests, just
seatbelts.  I made sure the seatbelt anchors were very good
when I rebuilt the car, and in fact put in some grade 8 bolts.
Are there belts out there that will use the existing mounting
spots?   I think I would like the two straps over the shoulder
sort of deal, not too interested in a crotch strap.

Bottom line, what is cost effective, good looking, that others
would recommend????

Thanks in advance!
Jim
Chesapeake, Va
67 pushrod 2L 5spd
72 510 sportwagonGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com