Tach and Speedo open heart surgery...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Tach and Speedo open heart surgery...
From: "Ken Pearce" <ken__pearce@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 13:11:41 -0500
Before I, as an unqualified rookie tach & speedo surgeon, open up the
patients, can anyone offer advice on what usually breaks or wears out on
these gauges?  I'm down to one working speedo in the car and am going to
open up my spare speedo and two tachs to see if it's something obvious.  Do
you have to "break" these to get them open or are they easy to get into?
Does the tach needle simply pull off the face after I get the bezzle off?

Just thought I get advice from people who have ruined theirs before I do the
same!

One other question, my speedo seems to be about 10mph slow (indicates 70
when I'm doing 80).  The needle doesn't jump around at all, it's very
steady.  What could be causing the inaccuracy?  Wrong speedo for the car?
(It's a 140mph)

Cheers,

Ken Pearce
B'ham WA, 68-2000