Re: RE: Wheel Fitment

To: gsglasgow@attbi.com ("Gordon Glasgow")
Subject: Re: RE: Wheel Fitment
From: WisslerJon@aol.com
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 20:22:43 -0400
Gordon and all,

Thanks a bunch, and I hope to put this issue to rest with a series of stupid
questions.  It seems to be common knowledge that 0 to 15 offset works best on
the Roadster.

Question #1 = Is that Positive offset (I thought so) or negative offset.

Question #2 - Why wouldn't it make more sense to consider how much distance
from the back of the mounting flange to the inner edge of the wheel/tires in
combination with the distance from the back of the mounting flange to the outer
(street side) edge of the wheel/tires?

It seems that the Roadster configuration is limited by how much room you have
from the mounting flange to the brake lines on the inner and the mounting
flange and the inside fender edge on the outer.  I think I recall someone
providing these measurements a few years back.  That way I could consider 14 x
5.5, 14 x 6, 15 x 6, or whatever x whatever.  It seems that everytime I ask
someone what the offset of their wheels is they don't know what the heck I'm
asking, but they know how to take a ruler and measure from the mounting plate
as I've suggested.

Question #3 - Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance.