It Starts!!/Question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: It Starts!!/Question
From: "John McCarthy" <bmccarthy67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 23:29:54 +0000
Today I finally got my roadster started. I had to put in new battery cables,
and change out the starter(NIGHTMARE)and a few cut knuckles. Then it tried
to turn over..checked the SU's and both brass floats were filled..(not
really floating)changed those and it started (Rough)...Still a leak
somewhere, but I'll find that:

Question: On the top of the SU there is a line that the PO cut on both..is
it a fuel return? it's located right next to where the fuel comes in on the
float bowl cover. Thanks for your time..now that it starts..I'm sure I'll
have lots of questions.

Buddy
67.5 1600's