Re: purists

To: Pamela Bauman <ntrlclr@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: purists
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:01:34 -0800
Cars (well, sports cars, at least - trucks and the like are neutral),
boats/ships (unless
you're Russian - go figure) and aircraft are all "she's" - unequivocally. It
has to do
with the crankiness factor associated with both mechanical artifacts and the
female of the
species - and not a little with the effect that gazing upon a fine example of
either can
have upon male brain function ;^)

Gary McCormick