Re: thanks and questions

To: Mark Clary <mclary8@home.com>
Subject: Re: thanks and questions
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 10:51:05 -0600
Mark,

Bummer on the brake lines, but the OEM ones with that little plastic
coating would turn acidic and cause HOLES in the brake line. Might
explain why the metal lines were cut like that.  You should be able
to find new ones, or good used ones, from one of the roadster part
suppliers.  CAUTION: Take a close look at the fittings, the four metal
ones are NOT identical. Also the bleeder's need a small ball bearing
in them to function correctly (often overlooked, until you can not
get the bleeder "tightened hard enough to close it".)

On the metal patch panels, Ross @ Sports imports had some available.
Did a little digging, and found them at:
http://home.istar.ca/~datsun/bodyext.htm

[Anyone know any any replacement quarter panels for a '71 510?]

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX.

P.S. You might want to list where you are located. Helps find
other owners in the neighborhood.