help

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: help
From: "Mark Clary" <mclary8@home.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:19:13 -0500
I recently ask the list server for advice on a purchase of a 1969 2000. This
poor car was go to make a trip to the shredder if the didn't step up and save
her. I don't think it
has been on the road for many years. I don't think my wife felt the same thing
for this little car-- I'm sure she didn't.  I just had cleaned the garage out
from the last project, 1981 XJ6 conversion to corvette LT1 and 700r trans.,
disassemble, paint ...  I learned not to disassemble the car before asking
question.
     I did find a few surprises in the boot-- lots of chrome, switches and new
( still in paper) soft top. The car came with a hard top.  However, there
isn't a frame or attaching hardware for the top.  I have not try to start the
engine, but the oil looks like it was changed yesterday.  The plug wires and
various other wires are marked as if the engine have been worked on.  There
are empty boxes for gaskets and bearings in the boot also. The rocker panel
will need replacing and the right rear wheel well is cancerous.  I thought I
had extra calipers; I found two in the trunk, but they belong on this car.
You get the picture.  Where do I start? I thought I saw a site that had
restoration lit. on the net, but I can't find it again. Thanks for your help
in advance and I think y'all ( I'm in  Tennessee) will hear a lot from me over
the next few months, years.