Re: Am I Blacklisted??

To: "David R. Conrad" <conrad1@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Am I Blacklisted??
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:14:33 -0800
I'd say that verizon.net is having problems with their name resolvers:

> 550 5.1.2 <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>... Host unknown
>   (Name server: teamfat2.dsl.aros.net.: host not found)

The name 'autox.team.net' has an MX (Mail eXchange) record that
points to teamfat2.dsl.aros.net. Teamfat2 resolves OK here. It
would appear that the name server your earlier messages used
(which is controlled by the Verizon/uunet configuration) for whatever
reason didn't properly resolve the name. This is a Verizon problem.

Mark, to my knowledge, has never bumped anyone for lack of making
a voluntary (but IMHO very worthwhile) contribution.

Also, this message went thru OK, so whatever has been Verizon's issue
seems to have suddenly cleared up!

-- John

p.s. Now I know why we haven't seen posts from you. Welcome back!