Re: <soapbox>what's up with this?</soapbox>

To: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: <soapbox>what's up with this?</soapbox>
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 17:56:13 -0800 (PST)
There is no legitimate reason to buy this item.  What *should* be done
is this VIN tag should be destroyed and the title either shredded or
sent to the state's DMV.  The body and engine are parts; the VIN and
title are not.

If a Roadster owner wants to clear up a title problem and get his
roadster on the road, he needs to go through whatever beaurocratic
hoops necessary, regardless of how rediculous it may be.  It can be
done, IF the car isn't stolen.

--- Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I suppose if someone wants to clear up a title problem
> and get his roadster on the road, who cares.  I would
> never represent to a buyer that such a car matched all
> around, but really, so many of the parts have been
> shifted back and forth on our roadsters, that we are
> probably all intermarried by now.  [Notice the funny
> brow ridge and the free bleeding (from the rear main
> seal) on most roadsters.]
>
> DMV gets pretty silly sometimes with what they will
> and will not register.  This is frustrating when there
> is no hanky-panky in the cars history, just some
> bureaucratic dogs**t going on.  So if no one rips
> anyone else off, nor misrepresents what really is,
> what is the harm in registering another wonderful
> roadster.....We all know where the VIN is on the
> frame. Anyone who would lie to a fellow roadsterite
> needs more help than we can provide anyway.
>
> My 2c
>
> Mike Harper
> 2 Roadsters (all #'s match BTW)
> Charleston SC

Adam
'70 1600
All #'s match, but again, the only ones I care about are the frame and
title.  Everything else can be and often is replaced.

P.S.:  There was an html tag error in my subject line, which I fixed.
Sorry if it didn't display correctly in your browser. :^)
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/