Re: How can I put a V8 in this?

To: Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How can I put a V8 in this?
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 10:39:35 -0800
Thomas,

It's OK not to have owned a car with a V8 but it can be fun.  I'll bet that
there are people in Afganistan that never owned a bicycle or a camel.

I've had a '65 Olds 4-4-2 since it was new and it was fun to drive before
gasoline went down the tubes.  Quick ratio manual steering (Special order),
LSD etc with 9.98 lbs/HP.  Came with terrible brakes but was corrected with
4 pot disc brakes.  Was sure nice to hear the carb howl when you put your
foot in it.  Could probably tow one roadster while beating another in a
drag race.

$3308 out the door at the dealership.

Stan
=======

At 07:00 PM 1/4/02 +0100, Thomas - Sweden wrote:
>I have never owned a car with a V8 or
>anything with front wheel drive either.
>
>Thomas
>

>RoadsterGB@aol.com wrote:
>
>>  <<I will, however, be getting some MGA stuff for the 320...the J13 is
close enough to use some parts. Not on the Roadster though. the R16 does
quite nicely.

>> Saw an MGA in Derbyshire, England, which had been imported from
California, with an R16 engine - that made me smile. Some transplants make
a lot of sense.