Re: The "other" 60s Japanese two seater (OT)

To: <MichaelSpreadbury@attbi.com>, <noji-1@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: The "other" 60s Japanese two seater (OT)
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 08:52:45 EST
Hi Michael and all

I heard a similar story over here regarding the Honda S600. Rumour was that the
S600s were brought over to the island of Jersey for evaluation by UK
journalists. Although they'd tried them (and liked them) there was no
importer/dealer network in the UK and Honda was well on the way to putting out
the S800 Coupe and Convertible. The S600s were supposedly dumped out at sea and
the first cars we received were the S800s - There must be a lot of rotten
Hondas on seabeds around the world!

Apparently the owners' club in the UK says that many of the S600/800 parts are
still being manufactured by Honda, who see their history as worth hanging on to
- they are however dead expensive.

Rob
www.fairlady.org