Re: National old car scrapping program?

To: Michael Shimniok <michael.shimniok@usa.net>,
Subject: Re: National old car scrapping program?
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 10:34:09 -0800 (PST)
I quickly read through Title VIII, Sec. 803, and it looks volountary,
IF this bill should become law.  There would be no forced retirement
under Title VIII, just an option to get paid to scrap the vehicle
rather than sell it to the public.

If I had a rustbucket, barely running, almost totally worthless, I
might seriously consider this program over trying to sell or unload it
myself.  Again, that is IF it becomes law.

California has had a similar program, and other than laughable mailings
to some list members to retire their old, tired cars (beautifully
restored classics) it hasn't had much of an effect that I'm aware of.

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181
http://www.picturetrail.com/abend