eBay mystery roadster is it a '70 2000 or '68 1600.....

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: eBay mystery roadster is it a '70 2000 or '68 1600.....
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 09:21:10 -0600
Take a look at the 2000 on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=599283276

Looks pretty much like a 1970 2000 roadster, but the VIN listed
is for a '68 1600!  I've seen 1600's with 2000 running gear, but
that is a 1970 model (front turn signal, side markers, rear deck
reflectors, etc.).

Note the "engine noisy at idle" comment. Timing chain?

Still that is a pretty clean looking '70 2000... but if the
title doesn't match the frame... more headache than it is worth.

Hmmm... na, need to pay off those darn credit card bills before
I buy another vehicle! ;-)

Merry Christmas All,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX

P.S. Bought a Land Cruiser in California a couple of years ago,
and brought it to Texas. I didn't have the original title,
but all the paper work. Ahem, had to pay California $420 to get
the title, so I could get Texas registration on it! [Had I gotten
the original title and a bill of sale, no problem... but to
get a "duplicate title" I had to pay back registration & penalty,
and California Sales Tax, first before California would hand over
the title. Sheesh]