U20 compression check

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: U20 compression check
From: Roadster <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 15:41:39 -0600
I just checked the compression on my U20  It reads as follows:

(dry)
#1 150#
#2 155#
#3 160#
#4 160#

(with a squirt of oil)
#1 170#
#2 170#
#3 170#
#4 165#

Good, bad, sucks?  I have to replace my timing chains and was wondereing
about doing the rings at the same time.  It has just over 70k on it.  I
know it would be a good tme to do it but the extra expense could become
substantial if it has to be bored and the pistons replaced.  Later on
would be better for the rings.  The chains/sprockets are needed now!
(Shims didn't really help much.)

Any thoughts/suggestions will, as always, be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000
SRL311-13359