RE: spring size x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "'Morgan Smith'" <morgansm@bendoutdoor.com>,
Subject: RE: spring size x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@MSFC.NASA.GOV>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 14:29:35 -0600
Hey Morgan and all -

I did a quick calculation on the spring rate of the T-Bird spring and found
the rate to be 545 in/lb.  If I remember right the stock spring is 450 in/lb
and comp spring 850 in/lb.  If so, a cut down (rate will change slightly
with lower number of coils)  Bird spring may work nicely.  Again from memory
- the stock height is about 10.75 inches???

Calculations from "Automotive Handbook" by Bosch.  Please feel free to check
my numbers.

Phil