RE: sagging rear suspension

To: "'Chris Robertson'" <ckrobertson@hotmail.com>, MARamos@smart.com.ph,
Subject: RE: sagging rear suspension
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:54:36 -0800
>More likely the problem is the offest (backspace) of the wheels.  They
center the tires inwards about 1/4" too much, causing the inside edge to rub

during bumps.

Thank you Chris!

The roadster's rear is low. It's built that way. It's meant to be that way.
I didn't relise this fact at first and had my springs re-arched. All I had
after that was a funny looking, strange handling roadster. Wheel and tire
size is critical on a roadster. there wasn't much allowance built in. You
CAN monkey around with the rear suspension to get by, but, it's much better
to get it right in the wheel/tire selection in the first place.

I returned my springs to spec and got rid of my incorrect Z wheels and the
problem was solved the right way.