Re: Valve seal R/R on U20

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve seal R/R on U20
From: Tomet9@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 11:32:06 EST
Hi list,

  I've finally got enough courage up to replace my valve seals on a U20. I do
not have a air compressor and so some have suggested doing the old rope in
cylinder trick to do the replacement. Would I have to create any special tool
for the job to relieve the keepers on the stem ends? Does anyone have
experience along this line? Any precautions I should know about? I just hate
to take the head off and seals are cheap. If any one out there can give me a
few tips I'd appreciate it.

         Thanks,
            Tom Prather 69/U20 lady in red