RE: new member

To: mikef@carolina.rr.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: new member
From: MARamos@smart.com.ph
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 12:21:21 +0800
Hey Mike, Steve,

Thanks for the warm welcome!  I really appreciate it.

I'll make it a point to register our car today.

Hi Dana, Mabuhay!

I'm glad to hear you've been to the Philippines.  You're right, there are
very few Roadsters left in the Philippines.  Of the ones that I've come
accross, two are in terrible shape already (rusted through and all that).  I
tried to salvage as much of the parts as I could but there were only a few
peices left worth saving (a door handle here, a hood latch there).  The
engines were gone too so no luck there.

There was only one that was still in running (actually limping) condition.
It didn't seem like the owner cared for it much so we tried to buy it from
him (to serve as a parts car).  Unfortunaltely, he wanted way too much for
what it's worth so no deal.  Oh well ...

Hi Stephen,

My mom and dad went on a 2-week vacation to Australia last September.
Beautiful place.  They couldn't stop talking about it for a whole month
after they got back.  Took a ton of pictures.  Hopefully, I'll be able to
visit soon.

Hi Phil,

PhilROC sounds cool!  Hopefully, I'll be able to trace some more Roadster
owners in the Philippines to form a Club.  But for now, it seems like it's
just me and my dad.

PS.  Your '66 1600 looks really nice.  Hopefully, after some work, ours will
look just as good.  I'll try to take some pictures of it in progress and
send them to you.

Again, thanks a lot guys!  I'm looking forward to sharing some ideas with
you on our restoration.

Best regards,

Manolet Ramos
Philippines