Re: steering wheel question - airbags - UGH !

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: steering wheel question - airbags - UGH !
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 23:11:25 EST
In a message dated 12/2/01 7:30:50 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
ay107@lafn.org writes:

> List,
> Here's a mod I've never heard anyone talk about.....an airbag.
> Has anyone ever tried to add in a steering wheel that could contain an
> airbag? Since the cars are little and the SUVs are getting bigger it
> would be a nice safety mod. Any thoughts?
> Linda

If anyone is intent on keeping explosives next to their face in a small car -
why not just keep some hand grenades handy?? - it will probably be a more
"pro-active" stance against the size of SUVs. The $$ it would take to install
'bags would be better spend on defensive driving lessons and up-rating
steering/handling/braking.

2-cents

Laurie :-)
(no-likey them air-bag thingys)