Re: Suicide Doors

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Suicide Doors
From: "Grant Bush" <gbush@connect.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:55:37 -0700
I have a 1951 MGTD that has suicide doors on it (one with a bad latch that
makes for some interesting left turns on occasion.) My dad bought the car in
1964 and gave it to my wife and I as a wedding gift eight years ago.

He tells a story of one time when he had to take our family dog (A Pekenise
(sp)) to the vets and he only had the TD available to him.

Well he didn't want the dog jumping out of the car, so he secured the leash
around the emergency brake handle. After making one particularly tight turn he
looked over to see the leash going from the emergency brake handle over the
passenger side door and out of the car. He had terrible visions of finding a
bloody dog head attached to the other end from being dragged however long it
was before he discoved the dog was gone. Then having to go home and tell his
kids how "Buttons" is in Doggy Heaven right now.

When he stopped the car and got around to the other side he found one very
frightened dog shivering with fear on the running boards.

Needless to say the dog spend the rest of the trip cowering under the dash.

Roadster (but non-datsun related) content. On the snowyest day of the year so
far, I just bought a 72 Fiat Spider, something new to play with in the
spring.

Cheers
Grant Bush
Edmonton, Canada