Question? Early 200sx turbo swap?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Question? Early 200sx turbo swap?
From: eric johnson <snakeranch2@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 10:39:27 -0800 (PST)
Found a wrecked early 200sx turbo w/ 5 speed,entire car available very cheap.
First off, what series engine came in that car? how buildable is the engine? is
that tranny ideal? or would a early zee car 5spd bolt up?, I can buy a complete
U-20 and 5 spd for 1300 bucks which I would like to have but it boils down to
the availability of good old greenbacks. what does that engine weigh vice a
U-20? Parts are getting more and more scarce and spendy and I would like a
moderately built reliable driver that can make it to shasta,washington state
and back to San Diego (non legal speeds). has anyone done a swap with this
engine?----Eric in San Diego.