Re: Defroster vent/Cowl Drain

To: Daniel E McHatton <hallosb@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Defroster vent/Cowl Drain
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 09:40:26 -0600 (CST)
Defroster duct parts are available from our vendors, just gibe them a
call.

As for the cowl drain hose, it hasn't bee available for a long time.  My
drain hose was missing from just below where it attached to the cowl
(inside the car, above the heater box).  I got a couple of rubber
expansion plugs, one that fit the firewall hole and one that fit the drain
hole in the cowl.  I've been running these for a couple of years and had
no problem with leaks. Instead of the water running down into the car (or
drain hose) the water runs out through the fenders.  I've had no problems
with this set up, either sitting still, or driving.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner