4500RPM ceiling

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 4500RPM ceiling
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 17:19:36 -0800 (PST)
Seems like I remember a thread awhile back when I did
not own a 2000 and was not very interested, about some
folks encountering an accelleration dead spot at 4500
RPM's.

I had my 2000 out today for a spirited test drive
after some tune up, and replacing the obnoxiously loud
electric fuel pump with a manual fuel pump.  Seemed to
be running well with the manual pump, but I was dying
at about 4500 RPM's.  I do not remember this before.

Is there a common cause, (eg., carb richness, timing,
valve float, manual fuel pump) specific to the 2000?

I also had my sweet, but slower 1600 out today, and at
5500 she was still winding strong.  (just not the same
result...)

brain pickin'

Mike Harper
'66 1600