Rob Beddington's Car

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rob Beddington's Car
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 20:32:13 -0500
I finally got my hands on the magazine and, as was said before, it was nice
to see the man behind the car and great website.

I thought there was some mud thrown at the Datsun even though, much to the
writers chagrin, the Roadster proved to be a far superior sports car in
every aspect a sports car is designed for; speed, steering, handling and
feel. The criticsms were trivial and unnecessary. Fussy interior? Unpolished
accessibility? Come on. Give me a break.

But the line that made me laugh the most was his closing statement about the
Alpine "terrifically British Alpine . . . never complaining or explaining
its one crucial handicap." That handicap was its poor steering, but how
about the suspension handicap and the power handicap. I'd call the Alpine a
cripple with that many handicaps.

FWIW, I do like the Alpine's styling and its clean lines and the interior
and I wanted one until I read the article. Maybe with a Datsun motor and
some stiffer springing and dampening it could be a contender and maybe then
. . .

There was also a jab thrown at the MGB as the article said the Roadster out
handled that car too.

There were numerous photos of 240Zs and an article about a shop that
restores 240s and Aston Martins which was also neat.

Great going Rob!!!!!

Mike