Re: alternator move, now have vibes

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: alternator move, now have vibes
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 19:32:28 -0500
  I must have done something wrong on my 1600 alternator conversion.  I used
a NAPA Rayloc remanufactured  45 amp 'two wire' alternator (late model
Camaro V6) and a pre-smog alternator bracket.  I had the bracket machined to
accept a larger shoulder bolt that matched the diameter of the alternator
pivot hole.  I think I have two or three thin washers to space it forward a
bit to line up with the pulleys.
  Over a year of driving and 2000 miles later, nothing shakes and nothing
brakes!  But I did find that if I drain the battery too much, it will blow a
20 amp fuse trying to recharge quickly.  A 30 amp fuse seems to be okay.

Paul
OROC
Sloan Racing