Jackshaft Question

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Jackshaft Question
From: "Tom P" <tomph@home.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:48:00 -0500
Hi all you engine building high performance racer types out there,

Has anyone actually done the modification to the jackshaft mentioned in the
Sharp Competition manual. If so, what spec's did you use for the stud? That
is, was it threaded all the way from end to end and was it undercut as the
bolt or not?  Fine or coarse thread? Any experiences you would want to share?

Has anyone seen an unmodified jackshaft that did break? If so did the break go
through the existing threaded section?

Tom (guess where I am in my race engine project) P