Re: <OT> BRE 510

To: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>,
Subject: Re: <OT> BRE 510
From: Andy Klink <colonel_klink510@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:42:40 -0800 (PST)
Snobbery:  I don't think 510rs being snobby to Roadster owners or vice versa
can be considered a common trait, at least I hope not.  I love all Datsuns
(well most anyway)  Heck, I don't even have a Roadster, but I love 'em and
would never be snobbish towards one of their owners.

As far as the BRE car - it is very likely that it is a replica as there are
only two in existance now (pretty sure).  The #46 car and #85 car (previously
it was badged #35)  Both were raced at the Montaray(sp) Historics this year I
believe.

Andy "non snobby 510 owner" Klink

--- Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com> wrote:
> BRE = Brock Racing Enterprises, big time Datsun races of yore, running giant
> slayer Datsun
> 510s (maybe that's why the five and dime folks are so snobby - so I've heard
> - at datsun
> get-togethers?).
>
> Gary McCormick
> San Jose, CA
>
> Robert.Long@csdinc.com wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I don't know much about 510's or BRE, but yesterday a friend
> > of mine (he owns a 70 1600), took me to see a BRE 510 sitting
> > at a storage yard.  We're thinking about contacting the owner
> > to see if they're interested in selling it.
> >
> > So, what does it mean to be badged as BRE?
> >
> > Are there a limited number of BRE 510s?
> >
> > Roadster content:
> >   Sanding, Sanding, Sanding, man I'm sure glad I don't do body work
> >   for a living.
> >
> > Robert
> > 67.5 1600
> > Abq