Re: Any new opinions on the 350Z?

To: Alex Avery <aavery@rica.net>, Autox
Subject: Re: Any new opinions on the 350Z?
From: Pam Bauman <ntrlclr@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:02:14 -0800
I'm not sure what men look for in a vehicle (well outside of the size or
horsepower issue). But as a woman, I have Two main concerns.
#1. Can I put in an uncut 4x8 sheet of drywall or plywood; at least 30
bags of compost, or 6 to 8 kids and groceries for the week.
#2. Said vehicle in question makes me want to grab my sweetie and give
the backseat a test drive.
Unfortunately, the new Z does neither. Nookie in a Nissan DOES NOT have
the same ring as DO IT IN A DATSUN. I rest my case.

Pamela Bauman
Future Roadster Owner

Alex Avery wrote:

> I'll admit that I was an early and vocal critic of the 350Z design.  I
> thought it was a bad 300ZX-ified version of the Audi TT.  The design has
> grown on me some, now that I've had more time to adjust to it's shape, etc.
> (I remember how horrified I was at the look of the first rounded Ford
> Taurus, and that design now looks almost boxy!). Still, I wanted more 1st
> generation Z character in the new Z car. It's still not as cool as I think
> it could be--especially having watched 2 BMW M coupes (the hard-top Z3)
> with hot in-line 6s autocross this weekend.  They really flew and have an
> overall layout much like the 1st generation Z cars.
>
> Any other thoughts?
> Alex
>
> At 04:23 PM 11/12/01 -0500, CalSpeed@aol.com wrote:
>
>>I just recently got my issue.  It took along time after it hit the magazine
>>racks at the local Barnes and Nobles.  I am sure it is due to the heightened
>>security in the Post Offices that is causing the delay.
>>
>>Calspeed
>>
>>///
>>///  datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net mailing list
>>///  Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net  or go to