BidPay follow up...

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: BidPay follow up...
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 10:21:52 -0600
Money Order finally arrived!

Recieved a "confirmation" from BidPay on 10/26/01.
Money Order was dated 10/30/01
Envelope was metered with 10/30/01
Mail arrived 11/03/01.

Looks like the old "FLOAT" Game. Accept money, keep it
a few days, then send the money out. Catch is everyone
does do that. Only time I have gotten "instant credit"
is with PayPal. Folks complain about the 3% fees, but
boy is nice to have an auction end on Sunday, paid on
Monday, and SHIP stuff out on Tuesday. They require
3 to 4 days to "transfer" funds, but account credit
shows up immediately. Nice as everything is online,
so no hassle running to the bank.

Thanks for the feedback. Only time I can see a real
advantage to BidPay is for sending funds to CANADA!
(or elsewhere). Postal Money orders are 80c, but
international money orders are something like $3.00
Thankfully my favorite Canadian Parts supplier accepted
VISA... never a hassle. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX.