Re: Datsun towing

To: <TRRACE@aol.com>, " roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Datsun towing
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 07:45:42 -0600
TRRACE@aol.com wrote

>Hello all,
>
>Well, I finally got a bluebird.  I have always liked that model and I am
>thrilled.  I hope to meet up with Mike Y. again and compare cars! :D
>
>Anyway it is a DP312  1963!  What I need to know is if anyone knows the
>weight, and the wheelbase, etc.     I need to tow the car from the LA area.
>I have looked at the "EARLY DATSUN" website which does give information on
>these cars, however no specifics that I see.
  Too bad you couldn't find the DP312-L with the shoe rack for your high
heels  ;^)

These all seem to weigh in around 2100 lbs.  I know from experience with
a 320 P/U  and a U-Haul tow dolly that the front track is narrow enough
that the tires ride on the inside rails of the dolly (not a very secure
feeling)  If you go that route, disconnect the drive-shaft!  I can show
you pictures of what can happen if you don't.

Mark Dent, who created the early datsun website also has an early datsun
mailing list.  You can access it through his site.  (Thanks Mark!)

-Marc T.