Watkins Glen info try #2

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Watkins Glen info try #2
From: "Dana Scribner" <dscrib2@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 19:54:36 -0400
Sorry for the screw up the first time. I did not know we could not send
attachments. Here is the info.

DATSUN ROADSTERS ITINERARY
WATKINS GLEN, NY
2001
Hi! Everybody!!!
This is our 15th Annual Show

   When we meet Downtown Watkins Glen for our Annual Datsun Roadster Meet.
This year Dawn and I are glade to announce the return of Mike Jennings (the
founder of the Datsun Roadster Meet at Watkins Glen). Mike will be joining
Dawn and I in organizing the different activities that the Datsun Roadster
participate in. If you havent received the Christmas letter from Dawn and I
there have been some changes in the Show & Shine and they are:
*There will be a box for all the ballots, so when people are finished voting
their ballot will be hidden.

*After the Show & Shine there will not be any ballots taken by anybody

*The ballots that are in the box will be all that counts!!!

*Mike Jennings will now be the designated counter for those ballots.

*Each year the ballots will read: Best 2000, Best 1600, People Choice

*These three categories will be the only people who will receive an award.
Any other awards that might be added (for special occasions) will be decided
by Mike.

*The categories that are stated above are set in stone and will not change.

*This is only fair to everyone who attends our Meets, regardless if they
have been with us for a long time or if they are new.

The itinerary for this year at Watkins Glen is as follows:
Friday- September 7th Are the Historical races Downtown Watkins Glen. The
old vintage cars will be racing through Downtown Watkins Glen about mid
afternoon. This event is really something to see! Hopefully, everyone will
have the chance to watch this event as you start strolling into Watkins
Glen. We are looking forward to meeting up with everybody on Friday, so see
you there!
*For those of you who cant make it for the races, Downtown Watkins Glen
(due to a late arrival) there is a good possibility that you can meet up
with some of us at Seneca Lodge.

Saturday September 8th There are a lot of things going on this day. Well
first start off with the Show & Shine.

*The Show & Shine is held in the State Park Downtown Watkins Glen. It cost
about $3.00 to get into the park, but your pass is good for all day. If you
get there early enough (I think by 8:30am) you dont have to pay. The Show &
Shine will start by 9:00am. Make sure that you receive a umber for your car
and a ballot from Mike Jennings. Well also be selling T-shirts again this
year. You can purchase the shirts at the Show & Shine. There will also be a
2000 mailing registry at the Show & Shine. Please check to make sure all of
the information is correct. Dawn and I have to start a new registry and it
will be nice to have everyones information correct.

*In the afternoon there will be a Wire Tour. The maps will be in your car to
let you know where we will be going this year. The Wire Tour will take place
after the Show & Shine and lunch. We will leave the State Park at 12:30pm
promptly, so be ready! If you have to gas up make sure you try to do this
before we take off! Otherwise, it just delays us from getting back in time
to eat dinner and having our bonfire / raffle. We know that some of you
might go up to the racetrack and some of you might want to do other things
and thats fine too.

*For dinner later on that evening, please feel free to eat anywhere you
would like. There are a lot of great restaurants Downtown Watkins Glen and
around the lake, so we hope that youll enjoy! Just a little note: we dont
have any eating arrangements made for the Seneca Lodge this year due to our
past experience.

Here is something new for us this year! After dinner we will be meeting up
at the Havana Glen in Montour Falls for our Annual Bonfire. There is a
dollar fee per car to enter the park, so have your dollar ready! We will be
in a building with electric and lights. I believe that it also has a
fireplace in case of those cold nights and rain (which we have had those
days before). This event will start at 6:00pm. Please, make sure that you
receive your raffle tickets. This is your only way to win a prize! We also
want to remind everyone that this is your meet and it is important that
everyone that can bring something for the raffle does so. Our sponsors can
only give so much, so lets support each other.
*
*Sunday September 9th we will be meeting everyone at the race track. I am
not sure what time to be there, but lets try to make it so we can all be
together. Well be discussing this on Saturday at the Bonfire.
Some of you will be leaving on Sunday and some of you on Monday, but we just
want to say thank you for another great year at Watkins Glen and we hope
that everyone has a safe trip home. Were looking forward to seeing everyone
next year again.
At this time we would like to say thanks to:
Fred Davidson- for running our Raffle Draw
Mike Jennings- for taking care of the ballots & trophies
Dave & Adena (Krawsnow- for making the T-shirt design this year
Jeff & Penny Most- for all of their hard work all of these years. For those
of you who dont know Jeff & penny have moved to California. We will miss
them very much and their devotion to the Datsun Meet.
We still need volunteers for the following
Name tags for the Show & Shine
Firewood for the Bonfire
If you wish to volunteer, please call us to let us know. This way we dont
have to worry about not having it there for you.
We are open for suggestions!
*       Should we keep the Wine Tour every year, or should we try something
new?
We could alternate years for example: one year will be the Wine Tour and
then the following year will be going to Corning glass or something. What do
you think?
*       If any one has any questions, suggestions or thoughts please fell free
call us and let us know.
What do you think?
*       Next year we were thinking about having a picnic dinner some where?
This
would allow us to spend more time together as a group and also allow us to
start the raffle any time. We are open for suggestions and are looking
further into this for those who would be interested.
*       Well see everybody at the Glen and again please drive safe, David &
Dawn
Peskey 1070 West Sutton road, Metamora, MI, 48455, 810-664-5055.