Re: Need new tires - what can I use?

To: "Robbie Harrison" <robbieharrison@home.com>,
Subject: Re: Need new tires - what can I use?
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:01:38 -0700
Before you blame the tires check the valve stems and possibly the valve
inserts.  Also when I have tires put on my old rims I feel around the rim
where the tire beads against the rim, sometimes I will finds that the old
tire has pieces of it stuck to the rim.  I have had to sand the old rubber
off the rim.  After doing that I find I have no small leaks for the life of
the tires.  Nothing more frustrating than having to fill up a slow leaking
tire constantly.  Not to mention that a low tyre is a cause for tyre
failure.  Pat