Carb question

To: Datsun Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb question
From: Gary Boone <gboone@sisna.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:54:13 -0600
I just had a chassis dyno test on my 2L and see a possibility for a few
more horses.  I have 45 mm TWM SK Racing Carburetors, which are very
similar to the Solexes.  The dyno test also included a air/fuel mixture
curve versus HP and rpm.  The curve was slightly too rich (12 ratio) at
lower rpms and went too lean (17.5 ratio) above 6000 rpm.  The curve was
also wavy through the rpm range.  I've been using 36 mm chokes and Dave
at Rebello racing reviewed my curves and his only recommendation was to
try 38 mm chokes.  I couldn't find a size spec for the Solex chokes in
the Nissan roadster service manual.  What do the Solexes normally come
with as far as choke size?  Anyone have a good feel whether going to 38
mm chokes will benefit?    I thought I would maybe lose some low end but
Dave said "Oh Contraire".  Any other ideas/comments are welcome.
TIA
Gary Boone
'70 2000
Cheyenne, WY