Body off day at Roman's Place

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Body off day at Roman's Place
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 18:09:28 -0700
Hello All!

Well, the better part of the frame on my 1967.5 2000 is seeing the light of
day for the first time in 34 years. Today the body came off. It was a great
day for me.

The people that came by to help out were: Tom Prather, Paul Bauman, Victor
Laury, Roman Rist, Jon Frampton, Fergus O'Farrell, Allen Horwtiz and Edgar
Gonzalez.

Victor was the first to show up and as always, got right to work. I had
unhooked the front brake lines and victor did the rear brake lines and
dropped the gas tank. Paul Bauman helped unhook the rear wiring harness and
the emergency brake line.

We did a "test lift" to see if the body was actually free of the frame. It
was. So while we waited for Edgar Gonzalez to show up with the donor, we
checked out Allen Horwitz's newly acquired 1967.5 1600.

It's a very nice unrestored and totally original car. It is in very good
shape and we had a good time checking it out.

After Edgar arrved, we simpply lifted the body off the frame and walked it
straight into the trailer and set it on the donor. Easy.

Pics of the event here:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=282525&uid=150653&members=1

So this part is over. I plan to spend the next month dismantling the
suspension and then it turns to getting things repaired/restored.

I think Paul Bauman put it best:

"The drama is over. Now the real work begins."

I can hardly wait.

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500
1967 2000 (in 2000 pieces)