Re: Re-Curving the distributor (Long)

To: <jon_wissler@pngc.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re-Curving the distributor (Long)
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 20:27:06 -0400
It's pretty easy to recurve a distributor as long as you have needle nose
pliers to get the springs off and on. The rest is a snap. Just clean up all
the crap inside and voila, a new dizzy. I think everything costs about $30 -
40 to do.

Since I don't use my car for long periods of time I don't like points as
they can rust and stick which has happened to me 3x. Plus the points made
today are crap. I have a NOS set of Standard points from the early 70s and
the new points are not comparable to them. Even my friend who works for them
in NY agrees.

Mike