Re: We can't get any respect

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: We can't get any respect
From: Douglas E Noble <Douglas.E.Noble@parsons.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:39:58 +0000
     All,

     We may not get respect in the "mainstream" auto press, but it is still
     a thrill to see the...

        "Neck turn, head SNAP, what the !#$@!%! was that car that just blew
        past me" reaction from the guys cruising in their Z3s and Boxsters.

     As always, enjoy the ride!

     Doug Noble
     SPL311-25006
     Vienna, Virginia

Subject: We can't get any respect
Author:  "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com> at NetTalk
Date:    7/19/2001 7:47 PM

All,

When I went to the Z car nationals in April, I was very excited to have
speedvision interviwed me and took shots of my 64 1500. Edgar Gonzalez's 60
SPL212 was also filmed.

So today, speedvision showed the Hemmings road show and covered the Z car
nationals. I had hoped to see my car and maybe have them use some of the
interview I did.

Right.

Mostly, they used old Datsun TV ads with wide shots of the show. The only
car featured was Mr. Ks 240z car. No mention of roadsters, no showing of
individual cars. Nothing.

They did not mention anything about the cars engine, features, or anything.
Pretty disappointing, but not surprising.

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC