Re: Couple of questions

To: erikandamy@integraonline.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Couple of questions
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:03:54 -0400
Erik,

I don't see any reason that you need to use RTV on the valve cover gasket.
If you like RTV, go ahead.

On the issue of the fuel line from bowl to jet, you can spend the $20 - 25
that the vendors get, or you can get creative.  Regular fuel line is WAY too
stiff.  When I was looking at that, I got to thinking about what would be a
substitute (I am on too tight of a budget to justify $25 for a 3" hose).
Keep in mind that the environment is very inhospitable - hot and lots of
vibration and movement.  My thought was lawn equipment.  The fuel line for
weed whackers and blowers has to be pretty hearty to live in that
environment.  So, I took a carb down to the small engine repair and got some
line.  They even had color choices!  It was cheap too - about $1.50 a foot.
It is heat resistant, very flexible and does not harden with age.  (I got
the clear yellow so that I can see if crap is in the line)

You can and should bleed the clutch hydraulics.

Just my $.02 worth.
Sid
Just my experience.