Re: Coolant disposal debate, ad nauseum

To: JOHNSOF@aol.com
Subject: Re: Coolant disposal debate, ad nauseum
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 16:28:36 -0400
Alex,

For the non-scientists on the list like myself, I got lost after the second
10 dollar word.  Does this boil down to "Antifreeze for plants OK,
Antifreeze for bleeders bad."

On the subject of vehicular fluid disposals, some auto parts stores are set
up to recycle Antifreeze.  As an aside, when I worked at a Volvo dealership,
they had their own recycling process setup.  I believe that the intent was
to squeeze even more money out of the customers.  (This guy raised the shop
hour rate to over $60/hour back more than a decade ago - in an area where
the rate for other luxury cars was about $45 - 50/hour)

Sid