Just my latest roadster story

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Just my latest roadster story
From: "Amy & Erik" <erikandamy@integraonline.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:37:22 -0500
Hope not to bother anyone with a random rambling, but delete buttons are on
every keyboard right?
I waited  7 months to have my Datsun in my own garage.  I even stoped
reading the digest version since it was so long.  We Sold our house and were
homeless for 3 months while our new one was being built.  My car was in
storage 45 minutes away while I waited 4 months for my builder to finish my
garage floor (3.5 car!) and driveway.   Last year, I rebuilt the fuel pump,
replaced the wire harness, lined the gas tank, recurved the distributor and
other minor things. July 4th, my wife and I got all our stuff from storage,
and she wanted to drive it home.  To my suprise everything worked, even the
fuel pump and the temp guage.  the only thing that didn't work was the
hazzard flashers and the radio (there isn't one).  It burned a bit of oil
(the car's new name is Stinky), but ran like a champ.
Well tonight I get to take it for a spin myself.  75 degrees, near dusk, it
was beautiful. When I return home, I find that my fuel line from the float
to the carb has broken, the cutch cylinder is leaking, and the valve cover
gasket is not working AT ALL (I removed the sealent last time I worked on
it).  So the only fluids that aren't leaking are brake, coolant, and for
now, blood from my knuckles.
Just another day of owning a 30 year old car.  I'm not upset.  Wrenching is
half the fun of owning one (or more) of these things.  At least now I get to
do it in my own garage again.  It is good to be back
Erik Smeby
2L 1600