Re[2]: thermostat housing removal tipsx-mac-creator="4D4F535

To: L Jordan <ay107@lafn.org>, Russell Southwell <rulee@cityscape.net>
Subject: Re[2]: thermostat housing removal tipsx-mac-creator="4D4F535
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 14:49:19 -0700
Russ is right. Take your time and don't be too anxious, lest you crack the
housing. Gentle tapping all around soak the studs, etc. What I found that
helps is to use a thin blade putty knife. Gently work it into the joint of
the housing, with gentle taps from a mallet. Work it all around the joint.
It will tear up the gasket in the process. Just be careful that you don't
scrape or gouge the metal, so go easy. Using a putty knife may give just
enough leverage to loosen the bond of the housing to the studs. Again, take
your time and don't rush it.

Fred - So.SF