Re: painting questions -orange peel

To: Dan Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: painting questions -orange peel
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 23:22:04 -0700
Dan Neuman wrote:

>         Hello All,
> I was trying a bit of painting today and well...the results were not good.  I
>have
> orange peel problems.  I am using a high quality paint reduced per its
> instructions and used in an HVLP gun...What are the most likely causes of
> the orange peel??  I have a bleeder HVLP gun so maybe I have the air set too
> high???  Don't know I'm going to try to repaint tomorrow (sun) after some
> sanding...any usefull suggestions will be highly appreciated.
>                 Thanks,
>                         Daniel 69 2000
>                         SF CA

Daniel,
If you are seeing the orange peel under florescent lights, you will
have very little orange peal outside in the sun.  If you are painting
outside and still have orange peel, then I do not know what's wrong.
You may be using too fast of reducer and the paint is drying too fast.
What temperature were you painting at.  What type of paint.
Bob