Web update

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Web update
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 23:21:17 -0500
I don't see how anybody could misinterpret the supercharger in the picture.
It is obviously the prototype for my bolt-on kit that Calspeed took a
picture of at last year's Shasta meet.  Mine, of course, is much more
refined, and uses an air filter from a SU-carbed 2000.  It may still be on
his website.  Since I have had zero buyers for my ram-air intake system, we
have removed it from the TDROC website.  Both systems are still available
for purchase, so contact me off-list if you need one.

I owned a 1969 2000 that had a defroster/demister/blower installed under the
glove box on the firewall, I think in place of the speaker.  It was plumbed
to gather air from the footwell and shoot it through the defroster ducting.
The rubber parts for the heater had ceased to function, and the PO wanted a
clear windshield in damp weather.  The heater doesn't need ducting to fry
your feet, so he used a cheap aftermarket solution for the windshield.  I
had a similar setup on my 1961 Karmann Ghia to pull heated air off the
engine and push it through the heater ducting.  Old VW heaters worked fine
on the highway, but stop-and-go traffic in the winter meant frozen feet when
the engine wasn't going fast enough to force air through the ducting.  Can
you imagine the lawsuit potential of that system?  You basically collect the
cooling air from around the cylinders , leaky exhaust included, and send the
heated gases under pressure into the passenger compartment.  In hot weather
you closed a flap to shunt the hot air under the car.

Leisure Suit Terry