Re: Girdle

To: "snyler" <marc@animalfirm.com>,
Subject: Re: Girdle
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 18:54:55 -0700
The person I bought my Roadster from told me (At the time) that the
Roadsters that were raced had Girdles.
He told me they were a 1" piece of Aluminum that was bolted between the
Block and the Oil Pan.  It had cutouts for the crankshaft to turn.  It was
for the high torque they were running, so the block would stay together.  So
I was told.  Maybe it was a prelude to the cast Aluminum Oil Pan.
Pat