Body shop delays (long)

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Body shop delays (long)
From: "Gerardo Magana" <gmagana@softcom.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 22:35:31 -0700
Well, after almost two months and listening to the body man saying two weeks
for  the last 4 weeks I am getting worried.  Seems like he is doing a good
job, but if he doesn't hurry I am afraid that I wont have enough time to
assemble the roadster before Shasta this year.  My original completion time
was supposed to be six weeks, but now it seems like I cant get a straight
answer, the best I get is wait till the end of the week and I might have an
idea then.  In the meantime have had some of the interior done, I had my
seats, Center console and that U shaped thing around the back by the top
(cant remember the darn name of the thing). All of these were done at Pat
Villa's Upholstery in Tracy, CA.  He was very reasonable and had the correct
material, and they look Great!!! I paid about 450.00 dollars including tax
for all these. So I am hoping to get my car back so I can reassemble it,
(any volunteers out there that would like to help are welcome) so my point
is, do any of you have any suggestions as to how I can encourage the body
shop to get my car done, I really am hoping to get to Shasta this year, and
believe it or not my wife is even excited about the prospect of the trip
(pretense for getting away from two rugrats and spending some time together
:-)  ) If any of you are interested in the upholstery shop info feel free to
email me off list.
Gerardo Magana (One frustrated roadster owner with 1/2 a car in the garage
and 1/2 car in body shop)
67.5 Solex SRL 311-00222  (held hostage in body shop in primered condition)
P.S.  The body shop that its at is doing a very good job on it, just wish
they were on time for the delivery day.