Road Atlanta

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Road Atlanta
From: "Mike Faggart" <mikefaggart@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 17:01:21 -0400
long mail to follow.......
I would like to thank all SEROC'ers that attended Road Atlanta.  Brad
Holmes' red 68 solex is very nice.  Brad has added a nice feature to his
roll bar set-up.  He fastened a piece of Plexiglas inside the circumference
of the bar to create a wind screen.  Tom Phelan had his always nice 68 2000
there as well as his tool kit for any needed repairs.  Mike Harper came over
from Charleston, SC in his 66 1600.  His sora blue fairlady was nice.  Chris
B. had the 68 2000"pinky" there for the day Saturday.  And I finally had a
roadster to drive to Atlanta, thx Ben and Tom for all of the help in getting
my car ready.  Although pretty much mechanically sound, outside appearances
are....well what can you say nice about a flat primer black paint job.  Oh
well.  James Uhel(sorry about the spelling) who is looking for a car came
over to visit us Saturday afternoon and look at some fine examples of
roadsters and one potential.  Also on Saturday, Mark Ritchie dropped by for
a visit.  Mark is restoring a car, and after seeing his work on a 1962 190
SL M-B, who BTW took an award with it a the car show, will have a nice
roadster on the road soon. I brought up the rear with a car that has a lot
of potential.  Saturday afternoon was spent watching the races and talking
roadsters.  Sunday morning we were back at the track in line for the track
tour.  While there in our group, Dick Ryan from Ca. came over.  He stated
that he was in the area for a meeting, so he brought the Celica rental car
over for some track time.  Thank you Dick for stopping by. As noted in
another e-mail, Brad and Mike Harper both had some overheating problems.
Hope that they get those solved before long.  A great time was had by all
and I look forward to our next SEROC event.
Mike Faggart
SEROC
pic's to follow soon i hope