Re: Budget forced induction

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Budget forced induction
From: "Chris Robertson" <ckrobertson@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:36:49 -0500
OK, I posted this because I thought it was hilarious.  I just hope the
creater did it as a joke.  Please do not try this at home!!!!!

>I wonder if it really works?

First of all, there's no filter.  Yikes!
Regarding efficiency, there is no way it will increase performance.  The
pressure required to produce effective boost is huge.  Superchargers put a
significant drain on an engine's crank, where turbochargers are more
effecient.  At any rate, for an electric motor to work it would require more
energy than an alternator could provide.

>That's not FI...

FI = forced induction = supercharger, turbo, blower, etc.