Re: 2 questions and parts request response

To: <hyper.aion@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: 2 questions and parts request response
From: Bamandpeb@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:54:03 EDT
Ed:

We have done both. The Z wheel was used on a 67.5 1600 racecar, so it bolted
up, but we did not have to worry about items like the horn or turn signals
working.
As far as sectioning Roadsters, it is fairly easy with the right tools, but not
practical for most people. The best place to splice is thru the center section,
but not in a straight line. Examine the floor and tunnel, you will find
differing thicknesses of metal. Just be careful, and trim each section slowly.
Much harder to replace metal than to trim some more. We used "butt" joints, not
"overlap", which is harder, but leaves a cleaner line. If you pursue this job,
you can contact us offline for more info. Good luck.

Dan & Susan
Portland, OR

<< Hi all,

I have  2 questions for the list:

1.) Does anyone know if an early Z steering wheel will fit a roadster?

2.) Has anyone swapped rear ends on their roadster? I mean removing the
body ( the trunk )
and fitting another roadster rear end on?  Maybe because of a rear-end
collision, or bad rust...etc..

ed